We bring breakthrough pioneering therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a biopharmaceutical clinical-stage company, specialized in the development and engineering of CAR-T therapies. Our ambition is to develop a unique platform to offer new treatment options to cancer patients, addressing multiple targets, optimizing the signaling domain, and weaponizing the T-Cell.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
While Celyad is headquartered in Mont-Saint-Guibert, close to Brussels, the company is clinically active across Europe and the U.S and we constantly seek to showcase our Research & Development activities in the international area through publication and congress presentation. Consequently, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment with the opportunity to interact with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe involved at each step of the product development process.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
R&D translational research scientist (M/F)
Role & Responsibilities
- To work within a dedicated translational research team focused upon delivering key readouts from the company’s clinical trial activity that will inform and develop the company’s clinical and research strategy.
- To actively analyze large datasets related to the translational research. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to analyze and provide coherent readouts on the clinical datasets and to participate in the subsequent interpretation of the datasets.
- To be actively participate in and be fully cognizant of practical laboratory work involving the core activities of the translational research and to work closely with technical staff providing guidance in the delivery of the translational research readouts.
- To become fully knowledgeable concerning activities carried out across Celyad (including clinical cell production and quality systems) in order to gain experience and provide support to the translational research.
- To perform analysis in accordance with instructions / SOPs including RNA/DNA extraction, RT-PCR, flow cytometry, Luminex and others.
- To work closely with colleagues within the Department, to analyze and review data generated and to enable the design and implementation of further experimentation.
- To be involved in the development of methods aimed at characterizing therapeutics that form the core focus of the R&D Department.
- To be trained in good manufacturing process (GMP) and / or Quality systems.
- To contribute to the laboratory maintenance activities, including placing orders, managing stocks, maintaining equipment, keeping results/sample databases up to date.
- To ensure good traceability of operations, using appropriate records and templates.
Qualifications & Experience
- MS or PhD in cell/molecular biology, immunology, translational medicine or a relevant field. Experience in translational research would be a major advantage.
- Expertise in implementing manual or automated analysis platforms in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of team work and particularly working as a team aimed to deliver common goals with colleagues of differing backgrounds (e.g. clinical, manufacturing, logistics) would be advantageous although not essential.
- Demonstrable expertise in relevant research areas such as flow cytometry.
- Knowledge of QC/QA is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal are required. Good knowledge of French would be of benefit but not essential.
- This position would be expected to be aimed at candidates with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience after their most recent degree award. However, this is indicative and not restrictive.
- Familiarity with the biotech environment would be an advantage but is not essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Knowledge and experience of other bioinformatic packages would be an advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Deliver results and commit to achieve challenging objectives
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Strong ability to work in a team focused upon the delivery of results that support the company’s objectives.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Problem solving, proactive
- Quality Mindset
- Integrity & Trust
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Contextual information about the position:
Celyad is committed to developing engineered cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. To achieve this, the R&D department consists of a multi-disciplinary team working on all aspects of the engineered cell therapy pathway from initial proof of concept through to the development of processing solutions that enable the final manufacturing of the specific cell entity. This specific R&D early stage scientist will work very closely with a multidisciplinary group that composes the Translational Research group.
The ideal candidate is likely to have expertise in maintaining large databases, immune cell analysis including primary cell culture and immunological assays (e.g. cytokine release assay including multiplex cytokine array, flow cytometry, proliferation assay). Molecular experience including gene expression (e.g. PCR, immunoblotting) would be an advantage. However, training in these areas will be available to develop the necessary skillsets.
The candidate will be a member of the R&D Department working within our state-of-the-art laboratories based at our headquarters in Mont-Saint-Guibert. The successful candidate will report directly to the R&D Director and will be expected to play an active role in the planning and execution of specific scientific efforts geared towards the translation of clinical research towards clinical development. This multi-disciplinary environment will appeal to those individuals that enjoy working in a team environment with the opportunity to interact with colleagues working in all aspects of clinical cell therapy including clinical grade cell manufacture, regulatory and clinical operations.