We bring breakthrough pioneering therapies to patient with life threatening diseases.
Celyad is a biopharmaceutical clinical-stage company, specialized in the development and engineering of CAR-T therapies. Our ambition is to develop a unique platform to offer new treatment options to cancer patients, addressing multiple targets, optimizing the signaling domain, and weaponizing the T-Cell.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
While Celyad is headquartered in Mont-Saint-Guibert, close to Brussels, the company is clinically active across Europe and the U.S and we constantly seek to showcase our Research & Development activities in the international area through publication and congress presentation. Consequently, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment with the opportunity to interact with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe involved at each step of the product development process.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
R&D Senior Scientist (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and will report into the R&D Director (located in Belgium).
Role & Responsibilities
The role combines 2 areas of responsibility:
Firstly, the R&D Sr Scientist will participate in the supervision, planning and execution of specific scientific efforts geared towards the generation of new technologies that can challenge the barriers raised by tumors, the mechanistic understanding of the approaches being developed and the development of scientific packages that support the passage of therapies into clinical trials.
Secondly, he/she will provide an interface that enables the smooth and positive interaction between R&D and the rest of the company including participation in company-wide programs and project team management, ensuring the efficient co-operation and connection to all teams to achieve the common goal of clinical trial delivery.
- Provide scientific guidance to researchers within the R&D Department aligned to the R&D Director’s strategic guidelines.
- Lead and deliver research studies focused upon generating novel technologies that can challenge and overcome the barriers raised by tumors that blunt the activity of cancer therapy.
- Support cross-functional team to design project plans, business processes, minimum data requirements and system training for effectively integrating new businesses into global process and formula management system.
- Manage the testing of new approaches and generate high quality translational readouts from Celyad ‘s clinical trials, and consequently further develop the company’s CAR-T cell therapies portfolio.
- Ensure the delivery of work within R&D and the efficient cooperation and connection to other departments’ activities, such as Regulatory, Industrialization, Manufacturing and Clinical/Medical teams, to achieve the common goal of clinical trial delivery.
- Initiate and generate ideas based on scientific readings and research, and therefore contribute to research plans and efforts
- Stay tuned on new scientific literature and maintain knowledge concerning relevant new research and new technologies within Celyad’s scientific field
- Represent R&D internally (e.g. strategy meetings, research meetings, project meetings and development activities)
- Contribute to and lead upon internal scientific presentations (peer-reviewed publications, white papers, conference presentation)
- Collaborate closely with R&D management to generate and implement budgets
- Review research documentation (e.g. experimental plans and protocols, reports and record)
- Ensure that all research studies are compliant with internal guidelines and safety protocols.
- Develop high quality studies to support regulatory filing that underpins the clinical activity of the company
- Ensure appropriate training of new scientific staff members (and students) by sharing technical expertise
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in biological sciences with at least six years postdoctoral research experience
- Expertise in immunology, and cellular and molecular biology
- Strong scientific and technical background evidenced by high quality peer-reviewed publication record, successful funding applications and / or evidence of collaborative studies aligned with the level of experience of the candidate
- Demonstrable experience of scientific management
- Experience in scientific project management would be an advantage
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing; working knowledge of French would be an advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Deliver results and commit to achieve challenging objectives
- Passionate, creative, autonomous and science driven personality
- Helicopter view, entrepreneurial and business driven mindsets
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong influential and assertive skills and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Good hands on team player, used to working in multifunctional environments
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Problem solving, proactive
- Integrity & trust
Work from the Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) office and ability to travel as required (up to 10% within Europe and internationally).
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at email@example.com