We bring breakthrough pioneering therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of CAR-T cell therapies. Our ambition is to develop best-in-class cell therapies through novel targets and technology platforms to offer new treatment options to cancer patients.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
Based in Belgium and in the United States, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment built around teams of highly motivated experts. Our Company collaborates with leading institutions to explore the full potential of our CAR-T therapy candidates and technology platforms.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Production Technician (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and will report into the Production Supervisor (located in Belgium).
Role & Responsibilities
- Work daily in a cleanroom manufacturing environment (Grade A/B/C/D)
- Manufacture clinical grade ATMPs by performing isolation, selection, activation, transduction, culture and cryopreparation of primary cells according to SOPs and aseptic techniques
- Prepare sterile culture media and solutions according to SOPs and aseptic techniques
- Perform basic in process control test such as cell counting and viability
- Contribute to activities related to the industrialization of new products, processes, procedures and equipment
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and calling for repairs
- Participate in the management of deviations and CAPA as well as in the generation and update of procedures
- Control and maintain the environment (equipment & facility cleaning and environmental monitoring)
- Manage raw materials, consumables and wastes
- Complete diligently all GMP documentation (forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches)
- Monitor equipment and environmental parameters
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and colleagues highlighting production status and any items bearing on safety, quality and efficiency
- Use various manufacturing execution system software
- Interact within team spirit collaboration with all team members of Manufacturing department as well as from other departments (e.g. QA, QC, R&D, Industrialization)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology/Applied Biology or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a cleanroom manufacturing environment (Grade A/B/C/D)
- Experience in cell culture highly desired
- Working knowledge of aseptic GMP manufacturing processes
- Fluency in French and ability to communicate basically in English (both orally and in writing)
Skills & Competencies
- Able to read instructions carefully and apply them methodically
- Flexible, concerned about the quality of work and respectful of planning
- Rigorous, well-organized, meticulous and conscientious person with excellent teamwork spirit and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work most of the time with constraining protective clothing
- Demonstrated experience with common computer software packages (Windows, MS Office, etc)
- Willingness to work flexible and extra hours (early or late day, weekend) depending on production requirements
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at email@example.com