We bring breakthrough pioneering therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a biopharmaceutical clinical-stage company, specialized in the development and engineering of CAR-T therapies. Our ambition is to develop a unique platform to offer new treatment options to cancer patients, addressing multiple targets, optimizing the signaling domain, and weaponizing the T-Cell.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
While Celyad is headquartered in Mont-Saint-Guibert, close to Brussels, the company is clinically active across Europe and the U.S. and we constantly seek to showcase our Research & Development activities in the international area through publication and congress presentation. Consequently, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment with the opportunity to interact with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe involved at each step of the product development process.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Legal Associate (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and will report into the Legal Director (located in Belgium).
Role & Responsibilities
- Act as a business partner and trusted advisor to senior management teams (Managers, Directors, Senior Management) to foster timely strategic and commercial business decisions;
- Support the company for day-to-day legal matters, particularly for business contract drafting (such as non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, consultancy agreements, services agreements, supply agreements, data processing agreements, clinical trial agreements and ancillary agreements);
- Support the company for compliance matters, particularly with regard to data protection and other biotech sector regulation;
- Providing pragmatic and proactive legal advice in all legal affairs of the company;
- Contribute to the success of the company as a whole.
Qualifications & Experience
- Successfully obtained his/her law degree with an attractive academic track record;
- Up to five years of experience in contract work with a Belgian or international law firm and/or company;
- Experience in the healthcare or other technology and innovation driven sectors, and knowledge of clinical trials, data protection, intellectual property, are considered a plus.
Skills & Competencies
- Able to work autonomously;
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent drafting skills in English;
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Keen to learn, well-organized, result driven and a team player aiming for excellence;
- Thrives in a dynamic but yet demanding environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills, within and across multiple cultures, with the ability to implement policies through persuasion and negotiation.
For more information about this position or about the company, please contact us by email at email@example.com