Pioneering innovative therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of CAR-T cell therapies. Our ambition is to develop best-in-class cell therapies through novel targets and technology platforms to offer new treatment options to cancer patients.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics. Based in Belgium and in the United States, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment built around teams of highly motivated experts. Our Company collaborates with leading institutions to explore the full potential of our CAR-T therapy candidates and technology platforms.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Industrialization Scientist (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and will report into the Industrialization Director.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the team’s efforts to adapt and optimize the base R&D CAR-T production processes to GMP manufacturing and commercial production.
- Design and oversee process research studies (incl. protocol writing, working closely with technicians, data analysis and report writing)
- Coordinate study planning and execution from the Industrialization group with R&D, QC and manufacturing teams
- Evaluate new and alternative raw materials and establish raw material specifications in collaboration with QA and QC
- Contribute to Process Qualifications studies and comparability studies
- Present data to project group and larger multidisciplinary teams including externally at meetings/congresses/conferences as appropriate
- Execute research timelines to meet program and corporate objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in cell biology or related field
- Minimal 3 years post-doctoral or research experience in academia or industry
- Expertise with small and large-scale mammalian cell culture, preferably T-cells, and experience with closed culture systems and cell processing equipment and techniques
- Previous experience with cellular characterization assays including techniques such as, multiple parameter flow cytometry, ELISA’s, and molecular biology experience is required
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Experience with writing protocols and reports
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across team functions to achieve project objectives on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a goal-oriented team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
- Languages: fluency (written & spoken) in English & French, additional languages are a plus
- Hands on personality and passion for bringing operational value to the organization
- Patience, resilience and strong goal-oriented mindset
- High level of autonomy and initiative
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org