We bring breakthrough pioneering therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a biopharmaceutical clinical-stage company, specialized in the development and engineering of CAR-T therapies. Our ambition is to develop a unique platform to offer new treatment options to cancer patients, addressing multiple targets, optimizing the signaling domain, and weaponizing the T-Cell.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
Based in Europe and in the U.S., Celyad offers a stimulating working environment built around teams of highly motivated experts. Our Company surrounds itself with the best industrial and academic partners to explore the full potential of our technological platform.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Industrialization Director (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and will report into the Chief Operating Officer (located in Belgium).
Role & Responsibilities
- The role is an exciting one as the candidate will be involve in preparing commercialization of Celyad CAR-T cell products (autologous and allogeneic) working closely with Production Department
- The Industrialization Director will lead a team of currently 4 direct reports and be highly influential with other Functions – mainly R&D, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- He/she will ensure his/her team interfaces with the R&D department, working closely to ensure efficient transfer from R&D to Production keeping in mind commercialization
- Working closely with his/her team to identify opportunities for process improvements, cost control and savings and lead implementation efforts
- The Industrialization Director will develop a thorough understanding of external technological developments and trends (encompassing the various steps of supply chain) to deliver to patient safe, effective, reliable and cost effective products
- This role will represent Celyad at external scientific and technical events
- Engage with external stakeholders to discover trends and technologies potentially impact Commercialization of our CAR-T products
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD or MS in Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years (PhD) or 10+ years (MS) relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience, including 5+ years’ experience in process development, process optimization and tech transfer
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise in cell culture, characterization and separation with good knowledge of cutting edge technologies and trends for cell processing
- Scientific background and working knowledge of CAR-T cell design & manufacturing,T-cell biology, viral vectors, and gene-editing technologies is a significant plus
- Excellent communication skills in English both orally and in writing
- Experience in authoring technical reports, tech transfer documents, and in preparing scientific presentations
- People management successful experience is required
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to develop a long term vision on future developments and manufacturing processes of adoptive cell therapy products
- Hands-on, pragmatic and flexible
- Creative and open-minded, ready to explore various options and routes
- Team player able to motivate others, drive forward and tackle challenges
- Problem solving: Ability to identify situation, task, problem and potential risk and able to analyze and develop solutions
- Strategic thinker. Good business acumen and able to orient team’s time and energy on the most critical questions without compromising the attention to details
- Demonstrated skills in designing, executing and interpreting experiments
- Teamwork and Communication. Able to influence and work co-operatively with others and contribute to organizational and team goals, effective communication with team members
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, ability to prioritize.
Work from the Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) office and ability to travel within Europe and internationally.
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org