Driven by a passion to invent. We are Celyad.
Celyad is a biopharmaceutical clinical-stage company, dually listed on both Euronext and NASDAQ stock exchanges. Celyad is specialized in the development and engineering of CAR-T therapies. Our ambition is to develop a unique platform to offer new treatment options to cancer patients, addressing multiple targets, optimizing the signaling domain, and weaponizing the T-Cell.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
While Celyad is headquartered in Mont-Saint-Guibert, close to Brussels, the company is clinically active across Europe and the U.S and we constantly seek to showcase our Research & Development activities in the international area through publication and congress presentation. Consequently, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment with the opportunity to interact with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe involved at each step of the product development process.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Financial Controller (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert and will report into the Group Financial Controller.
Role & Responsibilities
1. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Analyze and monitor monthly operating expenses actuals against budget, with the support of Heads of business departments
- Report monthly consolidated income statement, and quarterly financial statements to the Finance Team leadership
- Support business departmental managers and corporate staff to develop multiple year business plans of the Group (budgets, reforecast and cash flow forecast)
- Support Finance Team leadership to develop financial and budget policies
- Support Executive Management Team by providing financial modeling and analysis
- Ensure finance training for non-financials across the organizatio
2. Group’s internal control framework and policies – SOx compliance
- Lead the SOx implementation project (Section 404.b applicable as of year 2020)
- Coordinate with external advisors (big 4 audit firm) to enhance the Group’s internal control framework and ensure sustainable SOx compliance
- Ensure high-level and best-in-class reporting on SOx implementation progress to the Audit Committee members (AC Chairman, AC Directors, CFO) and to the external auditor
- On a quarterly basis, monitor, assess and follow up on proper implementation of Group’s internal control framework
3. Annual and half year external financial reporting (under IFRS)
- Prepare bi-annual financial reporting to be released on Euronext and Nasdaq stock exchanges
- Identify regulatory changes compared to prior years and update the Group’s financial reporting accordingly
- Ensure coordination and establish a proper partnership with the external auditors to reach their sign off thereon
- Support the accounting team to prepare the financial information required in the reports
4. Performance and Cost control
- Use financial, budget and accounting expertise to evaluate project and department costs
- Identify and lead potential project and or department cost contraction and cost reduction
- Implement the financial progress and performance of projects and departments
- Recommend and implement benchmarks or KPI’s for measuring the financial and operating performance of projects, divisions and departments.
- Maintain and or develop cost accounting software to support the Group’s growth and reporting requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Master degree in Finance or similar with 5+ years of relevant business experience
- Proven track record as an audit manager in a major audit firm (big 4-like) is a must
- Well versed in IFRS financial reporting and in international control framework principles (similar to SOx)
- Prior exposure to the Life Sciences industry is a plus (via audit or advisory assignment, or through a prior position as financial controller)
Skills & Competencies
- Team player, seasoned at working with executive level
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- MS-Office suite proficient user
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Language: Fluent in English and in French. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at email@example.com