Pioneering innovative therapies to patient with life threatening diseases
Celyad is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of CAR-T cell therapies. Our ambition is to develop best-in-class cell therapies through novel targets and technology platforms to offer new treatment options to cancer patients.
Celyad unites passionate people who keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation, leveraging unique scientific know-how from Research & Development to Phase III clinical trials, as well as a strong expertise in cell manufacturing and logistics.
Based in Belgium and in the United States, Celyad offers a stimulating working environment built around teams of highly motivated experts. Our Company collaborates with leading institutions to explore the full potential of our CAR-T therapy candidates and technology platforms.
At Celyad, we know that every second counts for the patients and their families, and that is what drives us in our work every single day. Ready to take up this challenge?
Great! Celyad is looking for an enthusiastic:
Financial Controller (M/F)
The successful candidate will be based in Mont-Saint-Guibert and will report into the Finance Director.
Role & Responsibilities
- Controlling, planning and budgeting
- Analyze and monitor monthly operating results against budget with the head of departments
- Report monthly consolidated income statement, and quarterly financial statement to the Finance Team.
- Support department managers and corporate staff to develop multiple year business plans of the Group (budgets, reforecast and cash flow forecast).
- Support financial management of Group subsidiaries to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Annual and Half Year reports
- Support bi-annual reporting to Euronext and Nasdaq
- With the help of the external auditors, identify changes with prior years in regulation and propose amendments to the Group’s reports accordingly
- Support the accounting team to prepare the financial information required in the reports
- Implementation support and follow-up of the internal control procedures of the Group (SOX)
- Support Finance team in execution and documentation of Group’s internal control procedures
- On a monthly basis, support the monitoring, the assessment and the follow-up of proper implementation of Group’s internal control procedures
- Actively support high-level and best-in-class reporting on SOX implementation progress to the directors member of the Audit Committee and to the external auditor
- Cost accounting
- Use financial, budget and accounting expertise to evaluate project and department costs
- Identify potential project and/or department cost contraction and cost reduction
- Recommend benchmarks or KPI’s for measuring the financial and operating performance of projects, divisions and departments.
- Maintain and support cost accounting software to support Company growth and reporting requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Master degree in Business or Management with 3-5 years of exeprience
- Experience in a financial audit firm is a must
- Experience in IFRS standards is a strong asset
- Experience in controlling for Life Sciences industry is a plus
- Former experience in a stock listed company environment is a plus
Skills & Competencies
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise initiative
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Language: Fluent in English and in French. Good knowledge of Dutch is a plus
For more information about this position or about the Company, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org